Pages

.

Johnston St Fiesta & Casa Iberica- Vegan Mofo Day 21

We stopped by Case Iberica yesterday to get some more essential ingredients to make dishes from Viva Vegan. We got some hominy, Harina pan(masarepa) and Epazote.



The Johnston St Fiesta was on and they had a big dance class:


Toby got a can of Inca Kola, which he said that he didn't like.

And I got a cup of Horchata which I've always wondered about. It tasted like a watery rice milk with cinnamon flavour but has a slightly powdery feel. I liked it and it has inspired me to try making it. I also got a potato swirl, which was like one massive deep fried and salted potato cake swirled around a stick which was awesome. 



Johnston St Fiesta is on again today, so feel free to go check it out. There was much more food but we had just had lunch so didn't have much room.

Casa Iberica 
25 Johnston St
Fitzroy
9419 4420

No comments:

Post a Comment