Pages

.

Ginger Lychee Ice Cream & Posting Cookbook Recipes- Vegan Mofo Day 17


Yes it didn't take me long to continue with my ginger summer dessert theme. This is from Vegan Scoop I actually stuffed this up, I followed the recipe which consisted of heating a mixture of ingredients, adding arrowroot (mixed with soymilk) and then discovered that I was missing 2 cups of soy milk that were supposed to be heated before I put in the arrowroot mixture. I whisked it in though while it was still hot and it worked, yay!

I only used about half the ginger the recipe asked for, which I think is the perfect amount. The heat from the ginger just works really well with cold desserts. Why haven't I thought of ginger in ice cream before? Plus, it's so soothing for my sore throat. The lychee flavour is quite subtle though, so i think next time I might add more chopped lychees or just serve it with with lychees on top.

I'm not going to post the recipe since I've already posted a few from Vegan Scoop and it just seems wrong to post more. Actually I've been rethinking posting recipes from cookbooks. I never used to and then I started because I figured if people try recipes online from the cookbook it might inspire them to buy the cookbooks. Also I tend to skip over some posts without recipes. But if most are the best recipes from cookbooks are online, than don't some people think what's the point of buying it? Also I think vegan cookbooks are a niche market and most of the authors don't get enough money from the sales. I think I would probably be pretty annoyed if I was an author. What do you think?

No comments:

Post a Comment