Pages

.

Ginger Choc Mousse- Vegan Mofo day 12

I've been unwell this week with crazy fatigue, nausea and a throat infection. I try not to eat dessert when I'm sick but as long as I'm not vomiting I can't really stay away. I know ginger is supposed to be good for nausea and sore throats so decided to make an easy dessert which includes ginger. When I mean make, I really just mean open a carton but anyway.....





I discovered isola bio cacao rice based dessert al riso at the gluten free expo and soon after at radical grocery store. It's a tad on the pricey range but given that it tastes amazing, is organic and made from fair trade cocoa, rice, agave and not much else I don't mind paying a bit more for the occasional indulgence. Besides rice is good for your stomach, right?

So I added some grated ginger using the microplane grater and mixed it all together. I then added more so that the ginger flavour was noticeable without being overpowering. The ginger paired really nicely with the chocolate and had me thinking of other ginger based desserts including an ice cream recipe that I'm going to try. Can you think of any other summery ginger desserts?



And because this is a bit of a short post, here's a pic of button.

No comments:

Post a Comment