Pages

.

The greatest gluten free vegan ice cream EVER

This is my fav ice cream, EVER, yes really EVER!!!!! I'm a little obsessed with the amazing peanut butter chocolate combination, and have tried it in lots of forms like peanut butter truffles, and peanut butter oreo truffles, peanut butter chocolate cupcakes , cannonballs/buckeyes and peanut butter cups but I have finally found my favourite way to combine peanut butter and chocolate with ice cream. The melted chocolate gives it a lovely rich flavour which really compliments the crunchy peanut butter, I heart ice cream with a bit of crunch rather than regular smooth ice cream. It is soooooooo good that it seriously makes gluten free living seem easier because I could easily live on this ice cream. I'm a little embarrassed to admit that this ice cream only lasted me 4 days and Toby didn't even have any since he is a little over the peanut butter-chocolate combination which was fine since it meant that I could eat it all.

Chocolate peanut butter swirl ice cream from the vegan scoop:

1 c. soy creamer (i used soy milk)
1c. soy milk
3/4 c. sugar
2 T. arrowroot
1 T. vanilla extract
1/2 c. chocolate chips (I used dark chocolate)
3/4 peanut butter (go crunchy for the awesome nutty texture)
1/4 cocoa powder

Mix ¼ cup of soy milk with the arrowroot and set aside.

Mix the soy creamer, remaining soy milk, sugar, cocoa powder and chocolate chips in a saucepan over low heat. Bring to a boil. When the mixture has just started to boil, take off the heat and immediately stir in the arrowroot cream. This should immediately cause the liquid to thicken.

Stir in vanilla extract.

Set the ice cream mixture aside to cool. It will take at least a few hours in the fridge. Freeze according to your ice cream maker’s instructions. Add peanut butter during the last few minutes of freezing.

My ice cream maker didn't swirl it very well though, so I mixed it up with a fork.

I am so going to work myself through the other recipes in this awesome book, but since I have already posted two of the recipes online, I really should stop there.

No comments:

Post a Comment