Pages

.

Gluten Free Plush Pizza

Plush Pizza, is a vegetarian pizza place with a small eat in area which is perfect if you live on the other side of town, like we do. It's an old fave of ours, we used to eat there once a week at one stage, but this is the first time that I tried their gluten free bases. I was pleased to talk to Ben (who owns the place) and discover that all of the sauces and toppings, apart from the soy sausages are gluten free. It was great to talk to someone and feel completely confident that they get the whole gluten free thing and know to look out for things like wheat based caramel added to sauces etc.

We shared a satay pizza, my favourite, with zucchini, mushrooms, tofu and coriander:

and ben special (my second fav with avocado, pesto, tomato, mushrooms and a little dash of chilli and balsamic vinegar:
I have to admit the g/f crusts were a little disappointing though, nowhere near as good as the gluteny version. Really thin, and the edges were really hard. I can't fault Plush though since they buy their gluten free bases from some gluten free place, maybe silly yaks although don't quote me on that. They are significantly more expensive too at $5.50 extra for a large g/f pizza, so I really will have to save it for special treats.

Still it's good to know I can still have the same pizzas in my gluten free world. Now I just need to find easy gluten free pizza recipes to make at home, anyone have any fool proof ones?

Plush Pizza
85 Burwood Rd, Hawthorn
9819 1188
www

No comments:

Post a Comment