Pages

.

Tasty Popcorn Snack

A couple of months ago, I decided to buy in some popcorn for my regular Friday night movie with my friends. We'd always go for sweets but I decided I wanted a change. I hadn't had popcorn in a while as I only get it when at the cinema and we very rarely go. The popcorn went down a treat.

For weeks and weeks, we continued to purchase popcorn to go alongside the movie. A friend suggested that I could make a popcorn dish/snack so I decided to have a look on the internet to see what was out there. I was very surprised to see that there were thousands of recipes. Popcorn is a great ingredient to use as not only is it tasty, it is also one of the healthiest snacks as it is low in calories and fat. After trying out a few different types of popcorn to use, my favourite is Cretors popcorn and as I live in the UK, http://www.atbcinemaconcessions.co.uk/page/91/Supplies.htm is one of the only places to purchase this type in the country - this being recommended by a friend who works in a cinema.

I have made a few of these recipes only but I have one favourite:

Chocolate and Smarties Popcorn Balls

This is a great snack similar to the traditional chocolate Rice Crispies/Cornflake cakes. You can use as many grams as you wish, keep adding to it to make it perfect for you.

What do I need?

Some corn syrupSome butter or margarineA couple tablespoons of cocoa powder or a block of cooking chocolate (recommended 2 table spoons)A bag of Smarties/M&M'sA bag of popcornA plate

What do I need to do?

Put the chocolate/cocoa powder, syrup, butter/margarine and sugar into a pan and boil.Add as many popcorn as you wish into the mixture, until they are covered with chocolate/cocoa.Add the M&M's/Smarties into the mixture.Get a plate and shape them into balls and place into the fridge to cool.Eat and enjoy!

There are lots of fun and tasty recipes out there and cannot believe how popular popcorn in cooking actually is.

No comments:

Post a Comment