Pages

.

Las Vegan's revisited and Ciders

When I was in the hospital, the amazing Kristy bought me food from Las Vegan for lunch and Trippy Taco for dinner.

We looooooooooooove Las Vegan. When I used to have days off during the week, I went there for lunch very often. Kristy could, however, rarely go there as they only opened during lunch from Tuesday to Friday.

They started serving dinner on Thursday and Friday from July last year. It is a good news for Melbourne Vegans but the cafe is sometimes a bit empty when we are there for dinner. I hope they can get more dinner customers as they are working extra hard for us.

We ordered the satay rice balls with gourmet salad, sloppy Joe on rice, with gourmet salad and chips to share. (sorry, the photos are too blurry, so just use your imagination)

Sloppy Joe is my all time favourite dish. It is made of TVP and chopped mushrooms. It tasted good as a burger filling and topping on rice. They make TVP calzones as well. They are very yummy but not gluten free though.

The satay rice balls were freshly made, served with homemade satay sauce. The super-crispy rice balls are kind of like risotto balls but made with brown rice.

They are now serving Henry of Harcourt vegan cider on Thursday and Friday too. I haven't tried it yet but I heard lots of good things about it.

Talking about vegan cider I've recently tracked down some Coldstream Apple Cider from Blackhearts and Sparrows. It is delicious, vegan friendly but so bloody strong (1.8 standard drink in a stubbie). I enjoyed it on rocks. They are $4 a pop or $20 for a six pack. You can also enjoy it on tap at Mamasita, a new vegan-friendly gluten free Mexican restaurant.

Weston Organic Perry cider is also awesome. They are pretty pricy in Melbourne. I bought the 500ml bottle for $7.8 at Carwyn in Thornbury and I guess it is the best deal you can get.

On my walkman:
Alopecia - Why?


Kristy said that the gluten free potluck and lots of other posts are coming up soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment