Pages

.

Lentil Tacos

One of my favourite things about reading other food blogs is the great ideas for meals that I get. The other day I was thinking about what to make and was really stuck for ideas when I read about lentil tacos on Yeah, that "vegan "shit . I've had bean, tofu, mock meat, and even potato gem tacos but have never thought about lentils in tacos.

I had canned lentils which made it a pretty quick meal. I can't justify buying taco seasoning so I made up some of my own:

1/4 tsp garlic powder
1/4 tsp onion powder
1/4 tsp oregano
1/4 tsp paprika
1/4 tsp salt
1/4 tsp pepper
1/4 tsp chilli powder
1/2 tsp cumin

I drained the canned lentils and added them to a pot with a tiny bit of water and some of taco seasoning and then adjusted the amount of taco seasoning to it seemed right. Then added some taco sauce, cheezly, lettuce and tomato. It was such a quick meal and was so yummy. Lentil tacos might not be authentic but I think I might even prefer them to my normal bean tacos that I make.



---------------
On an unrelated note, does anyone know how to successfully copy and paste something into blogger and then change the font. I have tried changing the font with my previous posts and even copying and pasting it into word changing the font and then copying into blogger but nothing seems to work. I want to make the earlier posts not so ugly.

No comments:

Post a Comment