Pages

.

Munster Haus- the new veg cafe on the block

We decided to check out the newest veg cafe to open in Melbourne- Munster Haus with Lisa, Cindy and Michael on Sat. I've been wanting to check it out since it opened a few weeks ago but haven't had a chance since it's only open at lunch time (mon-sat). It is worth noting that while it is all veg at the moment there is a sign stating that they may also introduce bonito and anchovies at some stage but will be a predominately veg cafe. It is buffet style kind of like the tofu shop which is not surprising since the chef used to be a tofu shop chef but it's cheaper. So you get rice and choose your own combination of dishes. There were 4 hot dishes and plenty of cold dishes. There wer only about 3-4 non-vegan dishes amongst about 11 and I got the impression that options change quite regularly.

I chose a small bowl, I forget how much it cost but despite it's deceiving size it filled me up.
There was only a few gluteny dishes: two tofu dishes and the cous cous salad. So I still managed to try quite a few options. I had the chickpea bake, cold tempeh and brococli dish, and indian style rice balls (with chickpea flour, yay), roasted potatoes, and cold pumpkin. I enjoyed it all, particularly the chickpea bake and the herb roasted potatoes. It felt like a good home cooked meal but with lots more options.

Toby chose a medium plate for $11:
Toby said his his favourite parts were the tofu in broth and the cold tempeh broccoli dish.

Toby had a soy latte and said that it was ok.

I love all the wooden furniture.

It was reasonably priced, delicious, not too far from home and healthy so we will definitely be back. The only downside was I didn't notice any vegan desserts.

Munster Haus
371 St Georges Rd
North Fitzroy

No comments:

Post a Comment