Pages

.

For females: Not food but vegan related...

I've been quite sick lately despite sticking to a gluten free diet, and Toby suggested that I should double check my medication for gluten. While I was laying on the couch last night curled up in ball in pain complaining, he looked up my contraceptive pill online and discovered that each tablet contains lactose. I knew that the inactive ones that you take when you have your period were lactose based and so avoided taking them. Given that I am vegan and lactose intolerant, this causes a few problems. I went to the doctor today and asked if I could switch to another brand which is lactose free, and she couldn't find one. She checked about 12 brands and every single one contained lactose in each tablet (both the active and inactive ones). So now, I'm stuck taking them until the end of the cycle even though they might be a factor in me being sick and are clearly not vegan.

So I'm wondering, have you checked your contraceptive pill? and have you found a brand which is lactose free? Also, what are your thoughts on taking non vegan medication? The type I take helps control problem periods and is good for your skin.

No comments:

Post a Comment